- Kayla comes home injured from the KC crew, and only managed to fend off her frantic parents by telling them she ‘fell out of a tree’ on a dare from Ailisa’s brother. Ailisa managed to intercept the call, but Kayla’s mom promised to see Ailisa’s during parent-teacher conferences.
- After a bit of a mess in Ailisa’s closet, Chris is teleported to his room and left for the family to find. Despite suspicion on part of Marty, nothing is linked back to Tywen. He is sent to a private hospital.
- Monday begins preparation for Halloween carnival.
- The party tells Mr. Kearns about the Santa Monica high school.
- Upon research, the party find evidence of the KC Crew, and some names. Warlock, the Witch, the Puppeteer, and the Demon.
- Alisa texts with Kittrel, but cannot get him to reveal anything about his origins: he fears the Warlock too much.
- The party tells Kearns about Emily, although not by name.
- Emily vanishes from public eye for half a day. The part finds out that the man she told to give her money and “forget” killed himself. He found a way to forget.
- Ailisa sent messages on Facebook to some of the Santa Monica people, claiming to be relatives of one of the students, trying to get in contact.
- The party visits Chris in the hospital, and Kayla gets briefly trapped in his dream.
- Carnival! The party is approached by Mattie (dressed as Strawberry Shortcake) because she has, like, become haunted by a ghost.
- Mattie painted a symbol on the floor, which has become etched into the ground of the haunted house. It now whispers to her whenever she stands near.
- The book she found the symbol in is a guide on how to be possessed by a spirit, so it can live another life on earth. Mattie is not so happy about this.
- Although the party manages to deface the symbol, Mattie still hears whispers.
- The party binds the symbol is cold iron, and Mattie still hears whispers.
- As midnight approaches, Kayla lies to her parents to help out. She talks Mattie through the impending possession, in which voices become louder and direct her to give in.
- Only at the last minute, with Mattie crying and Kayla urging her on, does it become obvious that the Paxton twins are responsible, and the video is posted on Youtube.
- Kayla is grounded for her lies.
- Emily plots to get revenge on the Paxton twins.
- Despite Tywen’s intervention, Kayla is unable to escape her punishment. Thus she has to sneak out, with a bit of teleportation, to visit Chris.
- Visiting Chris at night, the party tries to go into his dreams to rescue him before he is taken away.